We have a position available for a Part-time Mathematics Trainer (Tutor) at our Mandurah Centre.
If you are looking for a flexible, part-time job with guaranteed minimum hours, leaving your mornings free, this might be the job for you. We mainly work outside of school hours and with constant growth in enrollments, you could take on more hours when they become available.
Training/Tutoring students aged 4-15 in small groups, using an International Mathematics Enrichment program covering the Primary School Curriculum.
Please ensure that you address the selection criteria in your application or cover letter.
Full internal training on the program will be provided, but we prefer a background in teaching. You would need excellent communication skills and a clear understanding of Mathematics (Singapore Mathematics would be a bonus!)
Ongoing part-time position: 16 hours a week, over 4 days. (Normal working hours 3pm – 7pm) Possibility of more hours over time.
The ideal candidate will bring a forward-thinking attitude, willingness to contribute and excellent communication skills. Personable and outgoing, happy to work both independently and in a group. Professional and amicable personality with a strong customer satisfaction focus
In return we offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible working hours and a fun environment. Full internal training on the SAM program will be provided on appointment.
Immediate start possible.
1. Program delivery:
- Plan & prepare SAM lessons
- Deliver SAM program and classroom management
- First point of communication with parents and students
- Updating of records and scheduling
- Marking and reporting
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Teaching qualification or studying towards
- Competent and confident in Mathematics
- Fluent in English (Read, write & speak)
- Passion to work with children
- Exceptional customer focus
- Ability to effectively communicate Mathematical concepts to children of different ages
- Professionally interact with parents and colleagues
- Strong organisation skills
- Ability to follow procedures
- Managing learning materials
- Planning resource usage
Desired Selection Criteria:
- Understanding of Singapore Mathematics concepts and teaching methods
- Primary school teacher trained in Singapore
- Local teaching experience
The position needs to be filled ASAP so don’t wait to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org